The City of Galion shared on Monday via social media that mosquito spraying will be taking place this week.
Weather permitting, the City will conduct spraying on Wednesday, August 16 in the northern half of the city, and on Thursday, August 17 in the southern half. Harding Way is the dividing line.
Spraying will begin at 4:00 AM each morning.
Residents should close their windows and keep children and pets indoors during spraying. The fog dissipates after approximately 30 minutes.
Here are some suggestions to protect yourself from mosquito bites and the diseases they may carry:
- When outside during peak mosquito activity, opt for long trousers, a long-sleeved top, and closed shoes with socks.
- Choose attire in light shades as mosquitoes tend to be less drawn to them.
- Utilize mosquito repellents that are EPA-approved and follow the application guidelines provided.
- Opt for attire and equipment that has been treated with repellents.
- Ensure that your home’s windows and doors have well-maintained screens to prevent mosquitoes from entering.