By 1812Blockhouse, ODOT District 3
Weekly weekend reports from District 3 of the Ohio Department of Transportation are now shared on 1812Blockhouse. This year, we’re calling this feature the “Orange Cone Report.”
Each week, we will bring you news of construction projects in Richland and Crawford Counties, as well as updates on Interstate 71 projects in Morrow and Delaware Counties. All of the following work is weather dependent.
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have lane closures for a widening project.
- Crews will have temporary shoulder and lane closures for grading, seeding, and mulching work.
- Lane closures for resurfacing will being in mid-May.
Estimated completion: June 2023
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have lane closures for a major rehabilitation project.
- Mainline paving on U.S. 30 eastbound and westbound has started. Daily lane closures will be utilized.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
U.S. Route 30 minor rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from the 5th Ave interchange ramps to just past the Ashland County Line, will have lane closures for pavement repairs. One lane of traffic with a minimum lane width of 12’ will be maintained in each direction at all times.
- The Trout Drive crossover/deceleration lane for U.S. 30 westbound will close Thursday, April 20 for pavement repairs. Access to U.S. 30 westbound from Trout Drive will be maintained. Traffic on U.S. 30 westbound will be detoured to the Koogle Road exit, turn left onto Koogle Road, take the entrance ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound, and turn right onto Trout Drive. Estimated completion of repairs: Thursday, April 20 – one day closure
- The slip ramp from U.S. 30 eastbound to I-71 southbound will close for two days beginning Monday, April 24 for pavement repairs. Just the crossover and slip ramp from U.S. 30 east will be closed, but U.S. 30 westbound traffic will still have access to the I-71 south ramp. The detour is U.S. 30 east to the Koogle Road exit, take the exit ramp and turn right onto Koogle Road, take the entrance ramp to U.S. 30 westbound to the I-71 south, and take the U.S. 30 west to I-71 south exit ramp. Estimated reopening of slip ramp: Tuesday, April 25
Estimated completion: October 2023
State Route 39 bridge replacement – State Route 39 in the city of Mansfield, between 6th Street and Surrey Road/Lafayette Ave, is closed for 60 days for bridge demolition. The detour route for northbound motorists will be Diamond St/SR 13, SR 13 to U.S. 30 west, and take exit 129 for SR 39/Springmill St. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 39 south to U.S. 30 east, take exit 130 for Longview/SR 13/SR 545, turn right onto Longview Ave, and turn left on SR 13 which will lead drivers to SR 39. Estimated completion of bridge work: Friday, June 16, 2023 (Estimated completion of entire project: August 2023)
U.S. Route 42 culvert repairs – U.S. 42, just north of Barr Road, will be reduced to one lane of traffic on Monday, April 24 for culvert repairs. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers. Estimated completion: Friday, April 28, 2023
State Route 61 culvert replacement – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 61, between Hummell Road and the SR 61/SR 314 intersection, will close Monday, May 1 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 61 to SR 314, south on SR 314 to Fourth Street, west on Fourth Street to U.S. 30, west on U.S. 30 to SR 61, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, May 5, 2023
State Route 545 bridge repairs – State Route 545 at the structure north of Franklin Church Road will have single lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: September 2023
State Route 603 bridge repairs – State Route 603 at the structure north of Harlan Road will have single lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: September 2023