By 1831Galion, ODOT District 3
Weekly weekend reports from District 3 of the Ohio Department of Transportation are now shared on 1812Blockhouse. This year, we’re calling this feature the “Orange Cone Report.”
Each week, we will bring you news of construction projects in Richland and Crawford Counties, as well as updates on Interstate 71 projects in Morrow and Delaware Counties. All of the following work is weather dependent.
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have lane closures for a widening project. Crews will have temporary shoulder and lane closures for grading, seeding, and mulching work. Lane closures for resurfacing will being in mid-May. Estimated completion: June 2023
State Route 13 culvert replacement – State Route 13, just north of Free Road, is closed for a culvert replacement project. The detour route for northbound motorists will be SR 13 to SR 603, north on SR 603 to SR 61, north on SR 61 to U.S. 224, east on U.S. 224 to SR 13, and reverse for southbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, May 19, 2023
U.S. 30 Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have lane closures for a major rehabilitation project.
- Nightly ramp closures will take place from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for paving from 5th Avenue to Trimble Road.
- Crews will also be completing finalization work on side roads. Traffic will be maintained.
- Mainline paving on U.S. 30 eastbound and westbound continues utilizing daily lane closures.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
U.S. Route 30 minor rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from the 5th Ave interchange ramps to just past the Ashland County Line, will have lane closures for pavement repairs. One lane of traffic with a minimum lane width of 12’ will be maintained in each direction at all times.
- The I-71 southbound ramp to US 30 west, Exit 176 towards Mansfield, will close Monday, May 22 for three days for pavement repairs. The detour will be to take Exit 176 Ramp A (U.S. 30 east Wooster), turn right onto Crider Road, turn right onto Koogle Road, and take the Koogle Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west. Estimated ramp reopening: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- The U.S. 30 westbound rest area will close Monday, May 22 for two days.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound rest area will close Monday, May 22 for three days.
- The U.S. 30 west exit ramp to Koogle Road is closed for 6 days for pavement repairs. The detour route will be U.S. 30 west to the Reed Road exit, turn left onto Reed Road, transition to U.S. 30 east, and then take the U.S. 30 east exit ramp to Koogle Road. Estimated ramp reopening: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- The Koogle Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west is closed for 6 days for pavement repairs. The detour route will be to take the U.S. 30 east entrance ramp from Koogle Road and then use the SR 603 RCUT to a u-turn to U.S. 30 west. Estimated ramp reopening: Sunday, May 21, 2023
Estimated completion: October 2023
U.S. Route 30 environmental mitigation – U.S. 30, between I-71 and SR 603, will have single lane closures when necessary for an environmental mitigation project. Project work includes the excavation of material within the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District. Estimated completion: July 2023
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – NEW IMPACTS – U.S. 30, from the Crawford County line to just west of Old Lincoln Way/W 4th Street, will have single lane closure for a resurfacing project. Traffic will be maintained at all times using barrels. Estimated completion: September 2023
State Route 39 bridge replacement – State Route 39 in the city of Mansfield, between 6th Street and Surrey Road/Lafayette Ave, is closed for 60 days for bridge demolition. The detour route for northbound motorists will be Diamond St/SR 13, SR 13 to U.S. 30 west, and take exit 129 for SR 39/Springmill St. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 39 south to U.S. 30 east, take exit 130 for Longview/SR 13/SR 545, turn right onto Longview Ave, and turn left on SR 13 which will lead drivers to SR 39. Estimated completion of bridge work: Friday, June 16, 2023 (Estimated completion of entire project: August 2023)
State Route 98 culvert replacement – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 98, between Opdyke Road and Henry Road, will close Monday, May 29 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for northbound motorists will be SR 98 to SR 598, north on SR 598 to SR 61, south on SR 61 to SR 98, and reverse for southbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, June 9, 2023
State Route 545 bridge repairs – State Route 545 at the structure north of Franklin Church Road will have single lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: September 2023
State Route 603 bridge repairs – State Route 603 at the structure north of Harlan Road will have single lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: September 2023