The Ohio Genealogical Society, the state’s largest organization and research center focusing on family history here in Ohio, is looking for volunteers.
The Society maintains the largest genealogical library in Ohio near Bellville, the Samuel D. Isaly Library, which is just down State Route 97 from Galion. It’s a very easy and pleasant drive.
According to the Society, a volunteer can “…serve on one of our various Board Committees, offer to assist at the Samuel D. Isaly Library in Bellville, volunteer “virtually” by assisting with projects that can be worked on remotely, join and become active in your local chapter, and so many other ways. Volunteers are the life-blood of any organization and the OGS is no different. We need your help in order to achieve our mission and be successful.
Some specific volunteer opportunities that are available are:
- Volunteer to manage the OGS Periodical and Book Auction Fund Raiser
- Volunteer to work the front desk at the Samuel D. Isaly Library in Bellville
- Volunteer to assist with an OGS program or event
- Volunteer to offer an OGS webinar on a subject with which you have expertise
- Volunteer to assist in the processing and documenting of library/archive collections”
Those interested in volunteering can contact OGS via email at: email@example.com.
Photo: 1831Galion File Photo