This is a weekly report from ODOT District 3 highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place in the Galion area, and specifically within Crawford and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on November 6. All outlined work is weather permitting.
All the best for safe travels throughout 2022!
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30 eastbound and westbound, from SR 602 to just east of SR 61, will have single lane closures for a resurfacing project. Estimated completion: November 2022
State Route 96 double culvert replacement – State Route 96, between SR 602 and Beck Road, is closed for a double culvert replacement project. The detour route for eastbound motorists will be SR 96 to SR 602, south on SR 602 to Old Lincoln Highway, east on Old Lincoln Highway to SR 598, north on SR 598 to SR 96, and reverse for westbound motorists. Estimated completion: Monday, November 28, 2022
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have lane closures for temporary pavement and drainage work.
- Crews continue permanent widening of the west side of the roadway. Traffic will be shifted to the east side of the roadway and two lanes of traffic will be maintained.
- Traffic on Brandt Road, at the intersection of SR 598, will be maintained on the south side of the roadway.
- Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lanes.
Estimated completion of entire project: November 2022.
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- Traffic on U.S. 30 eastbound, from just west of SR 309 to 5th Avenue, will be switched into its final traffic pattern on Friday, November 4, 2022.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit and entrance ramps to 5th Avenue will open to traffic Friday, November 4, 2022.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit and entrance ramps to Longview Avenue will be relocated approximately 800 ft. to the east.
- There will be intermittent lane closures both eastbound and westbound to place the surface course of asphalt and complete remaining contract work.
- Traffic on U.S. 30 westbound, between Bowman Street and SR 309, has been switched into its permanent traffic pattern. U.S. 30 westbound will have access to exits at 5th Avenue, SR 545, SR 13, SR 39, Trimble Road, and SR 309.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 39 city of Shelby streetscape project – SR 39, SR 96, and SR 61 are a part of the sidewalk installation and streetscape improvements in the city of Shelby. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers during construction. Side roads and alley closures will also be needed to complete this work. Estimated completion for entire project: November 2022
State Route 39 resurfacing – State Route 39, from Sites Road to SR 603, will have lane closures for a resurfacing project and structure work on SR 39 over I-71. There will be intermittent lane closures on I-71 under the SR 39 bridge as crews perform structure work. During night work, traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Traffic will be maintained in 12’ lanes in each direction. Estimated completion: November 2022
I-71 pavement repairs – I-71 northbound and southbound, between SR 13 interchange to the bridge over Mansfield Washington Road, will have lane closures for a pavement repair project. Estimated completion: November 2022.