This is a weekly report from ODOT District 3 highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place within the Galion area, and in specific Crawford and Richland Counties.
Pay special attention to the notice about the exit and entrance ramps to and from SR 598 (Portland Way North), which will be closed between 7 AM and 7 PM on Monday.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on September 25. All outlined work is weather permitting.
All the best for safe travels throughout 2022!
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30 eastbound and westbound, from SR 602 to just east of SR 61, will have single lane closures for a resurfacing project.
- The U.S. 30 westbound exit and entrance ramps to/from SR 598 will close Monday, September 26 for project work. The ramps will be closed for approximately 12 hours from 7:00 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. They will reopen the same day.
Estimated completion: September 2022
State Route 96 double culvert replacement – State Route 96, between SR 602 and Beck Road, is closed for a double culvert replacement project. The detour route for eastbound motorists will be SR 96 to SR 602, south on SR 602 to Old Lincoln Highway, east on Old Lincoln Highway to SR 598, north on SR 598 to SR 96, and reverse for westbound motorists. Estimated completion: Monday, November 28, 2022
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have lane closures for temporary pavement and drainage work.
- Crews continue permanent widening of the west side of the roadway. Traffic will be shifted to the east side of the roadway and two lanes of traffic will be maintained.
- Traffic on Brandt Road, at the intersection of SR 598, will be maintained on the south side of the roadway.
- Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lanes.
Estimated completion of entire project: November 2022
State Route 602 major reconstruction – State Route 602, between County Route 330 (Old Lincoln Highway) and Guise Road, will have single lane closures and full roadway closures for a major reconstruction pavement project.
- SR 602, between SR 96 and SR 98, is closed for 60 days for full-depth pavement reclamation. One-way local traffic will be maintained. The detour route for southbound traffic will be SR 602 to SR 98, south on SR 98 to SR 96, east on SR 96 to SR 602, and reverse for northbound traffic. Estimated reopening: Friday, October 21, 2022
- SR 602, between SR 98 and Guiss Road, is closed for 60 days for full-depth pavement reclamation. One-way local traffic will be maintained. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 602 to SR 103, east on SR 103 to SR 39, south on SR 39 to SR 98, west on SR 98 to SR 602, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated reopening: Friday, September 16, 2022
Estimated completion of entire project: October 2022
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- Westbound traffic has been shifted into the Phase 6 pattern and will remain in this pattern for the duration of the construction season. One lane of traffic westbound will be maintained from just east of 5th Avenue to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic westbound from SR 13 to just west of SR 309.
- In Phase 6, U.S. 30 westbound will have access to exits at 5th Avenue, SR 545, SR 13, SR 39, Trimble Road, and SR 309.
- The Phase 6 eastbound traffic pattern will consist of maintaining one lane of traffic eastbound from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound from SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- In Phase 6, U.S. 30 eastbound will only have access to Trimble Road and SR 13.
- The U.S. 30 eastbound exit ramp to 5th Avenue is closed. The detour route will be to continue eastbound on U.S. 30 to the Reed Road exit, turn left on Reed Road, travel north on Reed Road to the entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, travel west on U.S. 30 to the 5th Avenue exit ramp. Estimated completion: October 2022
- The 5th Avenue entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east is closed. The detour route will be to continue north on 5th Avenue to the U.S. 30 westbound entrance ramp, travel on U.S. 30 west to the SR 13 exit, turn left on SR 13 to Longview Avenue, and take the Longview Avenue east entrance ramp to U.S. 30 eastbound. Estimated completion: October 2022
- Both eastbound and westbound traffic will be separated by portable concrete barrier throughout the length of the project. Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the work zone.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 39 city of Shelby streetscape project – SR 39, SR 96, and SR 61 are a part of the sidewalk installation and streetscape improvements in the city of Shelby.
- Stage 3, Phase 2: Construction on the south side of SR 39/96 (Main Street) will be ongoing until the end of project construction. Crews will be finishing the installation of sidewalks and crosswalks, completing streetscape items and drainage system improvements. Estimated completion of Phase 2 work: Friday, October 31, 2022.
- Traffic will be maintained by flaggers during the Stage 3, Phase 2 construction. Side roads and alley closures will also be needed to complete this work.
- Stage 3, Phase 3: Construction on the SR 39/96 (Main Street) will begin approximately on October 3: however, all work is weather dependent and subject to change. Crews will be installing sidewalks and crosswalks, intersection improvements, completing streetscape items, and drainage system improvements. During Phase 3 the contractor shall maintain local access to all the businesses and the Blackfork Common Park area. Estimated completion of Phase 3 work: Friday, October 31, 2022.
- Detour routes will be in place beginning October 3 for the road closure of SR 39/96 (Main Street) and will be implemented in the upcoming Stage 3, Phase 3 construction.
Estimated completion for entire project: November 2022
State Route 39 resurfacing – State Route 39, from Sites Road to SR 603, will have lane closures for a resurfacing project and structure work on SR 39 over I-71. There will be intermittent lane closures on I-71 under the SR 39 bridge as crews perform structure work. During night work, traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Traffic will be maintained in 12’ lanes in each direction. Estimated completion: October 2022
U.S. Route 42 culvert replacement – U.S. 42, between Terman Road and the Gorman Rupp Nature Center, will have single lane closures for a culvert replacement. Traffic will be maintained by signalized lane closures. Estimated completion: October 2022
U.S. Route 42 culvert replacement – U.S. 42, between Terman Road and Belmar Drive, will have single lane closures beginning Monday, September 19 for a culvert replacement. Traffic will be maintained by signalized lane closures. Estimated completion: October 2022
State Route 603 chip seal – State Route 603, between SR 39 and SR 95, will have single lane closures for a chip seal project. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers. Estimated completion: October 2022