This is a weekly report from ODOT District 3 highlighting road construction projects which are beginning or underway in the multi-county area it serves. What follows are posted projects taking place in the Galion area, and specifically within Crawford and Richland Counties.
Please stay safe and pay attention to these closures and work taking place during the week beginning on November 20. All outlined work is weather permitting.
This will be the last weekly update for 2022.
State Route 598 minor widening – State Route 598 in the city of Galion, from Carter Drive to Brandt Road, will have lane closures for temporary pavement and drainage work.
- Crews continue permanent widening of the west side of the roadway. Traffic will be shifted to the east side of the roadway and two lanes of traffic will be maintained.
- Traffic on Brandt Road, at the intersection of SR 598, will be maintained on the south side of the roadway.
- Traffic will be maintained in 11’ lanes.
Estimated completion of entire project: November 2022
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- On Tuesday, November 22, crews will open the second lane of traffic for U.S. 30 westbound between 5th Avenue and Bowman Street. This will be the final traffic switch into the permanent pattern.
- Resurfacing work will resume in the spring.
- Traffic on U.S. 30 eastbound, from just west of SR 309 to 5th Avenue, has been switched into its permanent traffic pattern.
- Traffic on U.S. 30 westbound, between Bowman Street and SR 309, has been switched into its permanent traffic pattern.
- Motorists have access to all eastbound and westbound exit and entrance ramps.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
State Route 39 resurfacing – State Route 39, from Sites Road to SR 603, will have lane closures for a resurfacing project and structure work on SR 39 over I-71. There will be intermittent lane closures on I-71 under the SR 39 bridge as crews perform structure work. During night work, traffic will be reduced to one lane of traffic. Traffic will be maintained in 12’ lanes in each direction. Estimated completion: November 2022